Monday, July 28, 2008

The Adoption is Official

This morning Will woke up a little sad, wondering where Amanda was. He would grab me by the hand and walk me over to the door, point to the door and say "mama". When I picked him up, he would just lay his head on my shoulder and cry this little sad cry. After about 30 minutes, we were able to get him to play with his toys and interact with us. A few hours later, he was calling me "mama". When anybody tries to hold him, he puts his arms out to me and says "mama". If I'm holding him and someone puts their arms out to him, he just shakes his head "no".

He is so sweet and still so rough. He is "all boy". He wants to climb everything, crawl under chairs and tables, and knock down the stackable cups. I was throwing Griffin's blow up basketball in the room today and it was so cute, the harder I threw it against the ceiling, the harder he laughed.

Today we went back to the Civil Affairs Office to make the adoption official. We had to go through a brief interview, fill out more paperwork and pay our legal fees. We then received the Official Adoption Registration! It was hard to keep Will from running all over the office while we were there. He is so curious about everything. He's very delayed in his speech, but we can tell he is so smart. He sees us do something one time and then does it himself. He communicates with us by pointing to something or showing us something. Also, he understands very well. We can say "put your shoes on" and he will go and find his shoes, sit down and try to put them on.

We tried to take him swimming today, but he wanted no part of it! It was the first time he has ever seen a pool before so I think he will like it in time.

The photos above are from the Civil Affairs Office. The photo below is Kyle and his new friend from the Super Market.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom Dad & Will,
wow this is crazy!!
I can't believe he is already my little brother.
Im so excited i don't even know what to right.
Will is so adorable, he is the perfect addition to our family!
I hope everything is going good, You guys look like your having fun.
Can't wait to hear all your stories when you come back.
Miss you alot. give Will a hug for me.
Love always,
Karli
P.S.
Dad seems to be fitting in very well. he could almost pass as that supermarket guy's brother.

Aus said...

MC and Family (has a ring to it eh?) - Happy dancing down the street! Can't wait to meet the guy! And oh so happy to hear the 'mama' eh?

aus and family

AmyHac said...

Kyle makes friends every where he goes!! I knew Will would fall in love with you right away,he knows a great mama when he sees one!!

Kim Mc said...

HOW exciting! Will is adorable! I can't wait to meet my new nephew. I want to give him a big hug. That is great he is so attached to you and that he won't go to just anyone. I love hearing about your trip and the adoption. Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

Kile I am happy for you I will keep you in my prayers for a safe jurney home. Hound Dog